Second part of my Most Worn Summer Products Tag, the makeup part! As I said before, I have really pared down my makeup collection for my overseas trip. We never really do monthly favorites here because we’re both really boring and don’t revolve favorites really, our favorites have earned their titles after rigorous testing and they are seldom knocked from their pedastels. I don’t trust people who have have a new Best Product Ever every week because I think it’s hard to gauge how great a product works unless you’ve been using it for more than well.. a week. Enough ranting:
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Palette “Baked, not Fried” $4.99 - Review & Swatches Here - Such a great investment, I love this dearly and it’s given me a profound appreciation for neutrals. I’ve been wearing neutrals a lot this summer, and this palette is a godsend. Very glad I purchased it when I could. I prefer it over my Naked 2 Palette honestly, the N2 is a bit too cold for me, but this matches my skin great.
- L’Oreal True Match Powder in Classic Ivory $8.99 - I have 3 or 4 other powders at home, but I use this pretty much exclusively. Nothing much to write home about, it blots up the oil, finishes up any makeup I put on and I only reapply once a day.
- Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer $22 - Longtime PD readers will remember this (and a few other products here too) because it’s in every. single. favorites post I ever. do. Go read about it in the dermablend tag.
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB SPF 25 PA++ $32 - Also a PD standby, you can read more about my feelings about it here. It’s my favorite BB cream, it provides coverage and moisturizes more than others I’ve tried and is just the best ever.
- Maybelline 24 Hr Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze - Review & Swatches Here - Really, really love this, I have a more bold color from this line but I think the all over application I tend to do with this kind of eyeshadow (kind of creamy…ish, like MAC paint pots) lends itself better to neutral shades like this Bronze. I use it either on it’s own without primer, or as primer with my Wet n’ Wild eyeshadow shades.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion $19 - Also a longtime PD favorite. I’ve just purchased a different eyeliner in Asia though because while I love this forever, I’m getting tired of wrenching it open because after a few months it just doesn’t close 100%. It’s still wet, black, and wonderful, but opening it is a pain. I’m trying out some felt tip pens at the moment.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop $7.49 - Chi-Chi has fawned over the Lip Butters on PD numerous occasions, here and here are her swatches. I’m pretty sure she has almost all of the colors???! I only have this one but I’ll pick up another one soon, I really like this one. It is super moisturizing and adds a pop of color. I’m not usually a fan of lippies with a little shimmer but I’m surprisingly fond of this.