All the blue lipsticks I currently have with me in my dorm. The names are the captions, just click the photos. I would have done these photos with my DSLR but it’s dark out and I prefer natural light when I use my real camera. I have FOTD’s with Indigo Bridge and RX on powderdoom if you search for it though. (This means do not ask me, a google search or click through the tags will suffice.)
- inglot 292 — is quite similar to Indigo Bridge. I think for practicalities sake I’ll probably use this formulation more because it’s in bullet form and I don’t have to fix my lipline with this. PBCO is creamier, but a heavier formulation. This one is also more blue based and doesn’t read black in any light. You can feel the slight grit that makes this a little shimmery, too.
- Inglot 290 is actually my favorite out of these photos? I wouldn’t think such a pale color would be so nice on me. It has some slip though, and you need several layers for true opacity. I have’nt worn this out yet for any length of time but I can tell it’s going to be very high maintenence. I think for this shade, you can replicate it using lip tars (Feather + RX) for more longevity.
- OCC Lip Tar in RX. The color that started it all. (Actually no, my first lipstick was actually one from Hot Topic when I was in middle school, and it was a black based blue. lol.) I mean, I love this forever.
- PBCO Lipstick in Indigo Bridge - I am very fond of this color, I think it’s so beautiful and creamy and pigmented.
- Mac Lipmix in Blue - super dark blue. I was expecting it to be a liquid like OCC Lip Tar because of the packaging, but it’s more like a cream product — not as wet or gooey (gross) as Lip Tar, and it applies drier on your lips. It settled into my lip lines and looked gross (perhaps because of the incessant rubbing from these swatches though) so I put some clear MAC Lipglass on it for some shine. It is I would say, kind of a dark navy, and requires more blending than Lip Tar. They are noticably different formulations. I prefer lip tar, but if that feathers for you you might prefer Lip Mix. I haven’t seen this color in sunlight yet so I can’t say 100% it’s a perfect dupe of RX.
- Reblogged from fashinpirate