Rounded out my Lip Tar collection — I didn’t want any of the pinks or reds or beigey colors because BORING. Also picked up some of the MAC Lip Mixes to compare. Black, Burgundy, and Blue. Very excited to see the swatches myself.
Arabelle’s Current Makeup Favorites
I seldom do monthly favorites because as we all know, I’m incredibly boring and use the same things on my face all the time. HOWEVER! I HAVE BEEN FEELING EXPERIMENTAL. Anyway, what I mean to say is I’ve been shopping my makeup stash and using things I’ve had for awhile but have just been staring at.
- NARS DANMARI PALETTE (LE, Not available) - I feel bad posting about this but like, I’m soooo glad I bought it when I had the chance. It was my real introduction to NARS blushes which I really didn’t want to like because $$, but I’m quite smitten and it’s definitely changed my makeup routine. I use Casino as contour and it’s great. A+ would buy again. I’m contemplating purchasing one of the current LE holiday palettes NARS has out right now — Foreplay looks like a great deal.
- OCC Glitter in Mirrorball ($12.50) - I already did a post specifically about how much I like this glitter here. Technically this is not to be used on the eye area, you’re supposed to mix it with other things, but I use it on my eyes as shadow applied with Too Faced Glitter Primer and it stays on forever. It’s gritty — not like the Loose Colour Concentrates, which are OCC’s loose shadows — but it’s fabulous and looks like unicorn tears.
- Benefit High Beam ($26) - I am all about looking like a luminous elvin bride who bathes in the blood of those who wrong her, and this totally makes me look like Galadriel — albiet purple haired and short and like… well you get the point. Right? I mean. Anyway it works well.
- Hourglass Siren ($28) - Mad about the price but in love with the lipgloss. My favorite lipgloss. Ever. It’s just… everything about it is great. I have zero criticisms besides the price tag. It’s utterly unique and beautiful, smooth, and the packaging is great.
Even though I would say loose eyeshadow was my first real makeup obsession, I never really use mine and I certainly don’t go out of my way to collect glitters. But, sometimes I can’t resist, and this OCC Glitter called Mirrorball is one of those things I couldn’t walk away from. I love staring at it and I have it on as a cut crease today with thick, thick lashes, just because. (I actually copied this look.) It’s magnificent.
Yeah try the lip tar — Harlot is the brightest red they have and it’s truly obnoxiously bright, I love it. I mean, I talk about lip tar / we talk about lip tar like, all the time and convert all our friends to it it’s like we’re a broken record! What makes me a lip tar devotee is that you need very, very little, and it isn’t drying. It’s more of a liquid lipstick that dries matte than a lip stain, but it lasts as long as a lip stain. I usually get about 6-8 hours of wear with one application (even while eating and drinking). I don’t think I’ve ever gotten lip stain on anything once it’s dried (when you first apply it’s glossy). I know what you mean about flaking, that happens to me to with some lip stains, but it’s never happened with a lip tar in my experience. The only negative I can say about lip tars is that sometimes you have to shake them up before applying, as they can separate in the packaging if you don’t use them for awhile.
Basically just try it and you’ll see why we’re both obsessed.
Hi lovely PD followers! o/ Just wanted to share with you my most recent haul, since both of us don’t really haul anymore. I think we’ve both pretty much reached a critical mass of collection and just want specific things instead of all the things. Anyway, most of these things are from Sephora since I hauled during their recent VIB 20% off sale - the two exclusions are the Shiseido foundation (purchased from Nordstrom) and the sea salt spray (purchased from Walmart). On to the products and first impressions!
- Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio | $9 | link: I’ve been wanting to reincorporate primers into my makeup routine to see if I can keep my foundation looking smoother longer. Since the Hourglass primer is really expensive, I’m trying to see if I can find a comparable primer at a lower price point. I’m also running out of my NARS eye primer and I didn’t want to go over my budget. This set includes two face primers, 12-Hr Brightening and Perfecting, and the 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer.
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Panic | $26 | link: Long story short, I wanted a red blush for the longest time and I couldn’t find any but then I found this so I bought it. Quickly swatched it and oh my gosh is this pigmented. I am so excited this is exactly what I was looking for.
- Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in D20 Rich Brown | $38.50 | link: I must say, the Nordstrom website provides a much more accurate foundation swatch than the Sephora website. Which is why I bought it from there (and their customer service rocks). I do believe Shiseido reintroduced the darker colors of this foundation semi-recently, because I remember last year I was looking for a color match at a counter and these colors didn’t exist. Anyway, the color looks pretty good if it doesn’t oxidize too much. *crosses fingers*
- Dior Diorsnow D-NA Reverse White Reveal Night Concentrate | $145 | link: I have wanted to try this product for months since one of my friends who is a couple shades darker than me used it for her acne scars and saw such an amazing difference. The price hurts. I will be doing a full review on this because the price. …dat price. OTL
- OCC Lip Tars in Vintage and Strumpet | $16 each | link: So proud I now own lip tars so pleased. I already tried Vintage and even though I was hoping it would read more dark burgundy it’s still really pretty. Layered Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Flash (662) over it and I found my lip for Saturday night! *_*
- Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish in Vice | $14 | link: This formula works for my nails so I am very slowly purchasing colors I like. The next trim down area in my beauty collection is my nail polish, and I definitely have too many polishes that just chip in a day for me so those are going to be random gifts for people! The rubber finish is interesting, the polish dries down in between a matte and a gloss.
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray | $5.99 | link: I have some synthetic hair in right now and I needed a way to create looser waves in my hair than using a straightener on lowest heat setting for hours. This product is actually pretty nice, it doesn’t create waves out of nothing but it definitely makes them more…~*wavy*~. It also smells really good. Got compliments on my hair when I used it so…success!
And that’s it. As always, drop an ask for any picture, swatch or review requests. Toodles~
Back to my old hair color (if you look in the FOTD tag, you’ll remember I was green for awhile). Wearing a few things:
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream
- Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
- Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Pencil Liner
- OCC Lip Tar in Chlorophyll
- Reblogged from deactivated-catladysouls
I feel like if you’re going to buy OCC you go big or go home. They are so pigmented and offer colors that aren’t available from other retailers, so take advantage of that! My favorite is RX, the blue one in this FOTD. The one I use the most is Belladonna, the purple in this FOTD. The one I feel likeeveryone should own because it’s pretty much universally adorable is Anime, which I wore in this photoshoot. Anime and Hoochie are both really wearable.
Speaking of OCC, my swatch/reviews/FOTD’s featuring the Spring Collection I got during IMATS will be coming up soon, I’m almost done with my finals.
My haul from IMATS. Emily from OCC gave me the Spring Collection to review so I didn’t purchase all of it though, full disclosure. Bummed I didn’t get RX for myself, just for my friend. Regrets regrets. Next time I’m on Ludlow I’ll grab it, though it’ll end up being 2x as much. -_- I’ll swatch and give more details on what I purchased later on in the week.
Here is what I ended up bringing home with me from the OCC event I went to the other night. I regret not buying more, but I’ve honestly completely shattered my budget for the month — the last two months, actually — and it’s only been like, less than 2 weeks into the new year. So I’m going to have to punish myself with a No Buy until at least February. I can wait until IMATS NYC until I haul more from OCC. I’ve got my eye on pretty much half of the loose pigments.
The glitter I purchased looks shitty in these swatches, but I swear it looks like unicorn snot or like, a little glitter rainbow. I’m obsessed and can’t wait to use it. I swatched it twice in my last OCC post too, actually, you can go see better swatches in that one. Technically it’s not FDA approved for use in the eye area — no glitter is, only loose pigments — but I don’t….really….care. ﾉ^□^)ﾉ ~
I’ve gotten tired of putting on BB Cream or Foundation every other day for work (also, I want to wake up later AHA) SO I’ve been looking into tinted moisturizers to wear with concealer in the summer heat. I don’t know what it is, but even if I’m just walking normally and it’s cold out I will inevitably sweat because I am gross or whatever. I stumbled upon OCC Tint(ed Moisturizer) and I’m kind of obsessed.
- 100% vegan - and I really mean it. OCC is very reputable for vegan free products.
- Made from Acaid extract (which supposedly benefits anti-aging and promotes healthy circulation and aids digestion, if you choose to believe the hype)