Milani’s new Color Statement lipsticks (AND THAT POUCH!!) need to get in my life immediately. (Swatches & photo from Vampy Varnish)
Drugstore.com had a pretty sweet 40% makeup sale last week and I decided it was too good to pass up so I picked up some things I ‘needed’ (because you always need another eyeliner, you know?) and were curious about. I’ll just highlight what I purchased and if you’d like a review let me know, I’ll get around to it eventually. I did swatches indoors because I was watching the debate while unpacking this order — so I don’t have any makeup on other than the lipsticks and the lighting is bad, but at least the swatches are clear! Some of the things were free (from parties, the nyc products) or sent for consideration and i’ll review accordingly (brush set) but everything else was purchased by me. Click for details on what and where to buy.
Well I have successfully broken my makeup ban and purchased a couple things that I have been eying for a while…and some other random products. As always, drop an ask if you want reviews and/or swatches of anything. A note: for the two foundations pictured, if you would like a review of them, it will be a while because I promised myself to finish two of my current foundations before opening any new ones, including these two. I own…a lot of foundations so I need to actually finish products for once. With that said, descriptions and links to the products ahoy!
- L’oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup SPF 20 in Classic Tan/Cappuccino (N7-8) | $11-15 | link: Can I first say how happy I am that so many companies are doing different undertones in foundations now for darker skintones? It used to be almost exclusively pink/red undertones but now there’s yellow-based and neutral! Wonderful progress. Anyway, my friend Serenna mentioned that she saw this in store and it looked really nice so when I had the coupons I purchased this foundation and the Revlon foundation for $15. In the L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder (link), which may low-key be one of PD’s favorite drugstore powders, both Arabelle and I carry this around in our makeup bags, I use Classic Tan (N7), so N7-8 looked like the closest match to my skintone.
- MUA Bronzer in Shade 3 | £1 | link: I wanted to try a new coutouring bronzer, and I needed one more product to get the free international shipping promotion that MUA UK was doing when I ordered from them. I hope it’s nice, I haven’t even opened it yet.
- Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup in Carmel (340) | $12-15 | link: I bought this because both Jen from frmheadtotoe and G from Nouveau Cheap recommended it/gave a positive review. It looks like it gives a nice flawless finish with medium to full coverage, which is perfect for my acne scarring.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Pinkerbell (968) | $1.99 | link: I had been searching absolutely everywhere for this shade in my area (it’s one of the newer Wet n Wild lipstick shades and no Walgreens, Walmart, CVS or Target received this color), but I was randomly at a Shopko and lo and behold…they had every single color that the lipstick comes in. …for further reference, just going there if I want something from Wet n Wild. Wasted all my gas too (T_T) I have quite a bit of these and I think they’re great lipsticks for the price, all matte, pigmented, quite long-lasting and under $2.
- MUA Liquid Eyeliner in Shade 2 | £1 | link: Another random addition to my cart along with the bronzer - more colorful liners are always needed.
- Milani Color Play Felt-Tip Liquid Pens in Pink Point (03), Blue Definition (02), and Black Line (01) | $6.99 | link: This is a limited edition release that I have been searching for since early August after seeing G’s review of the pens. I found mine in Walgreens, but for now they’re still available on the Milani website as I linked. I’ve only used the blue one and swatched the pink one and THEY ARE GLORIOUS OKAY they do not move on my upper lash line at all during the day and I have oil slicks for lids. love love love
- MUA 12 Shade Poptastic Palette | £4 | link: It was colorful so I bought it. And I needed to balance out my neutrals palette purchase. …yep.
- MUA 12 Heaven and Earth Palette | £4 | link: This is supposed to be a dupe of the Naked 1 (or 2??) palette and I already own the Naked 1 palette but if you have been following PD for a while, you might know that I adore and must collect all the neutrals ever. It’s so pretty. ;A;
I’m done buying stuff for a while. Like always, drop an ask and request away! Toodles~
Dat haul for under 35 dollars!
This is yet another Chi-Chi stepped into a drugstore and used coupons and in-store deals to get great savings (the sequel to this haul). The week I purchased all of this stuff, CVS had amazing in-store sales and for once there were tons of coupons that coincided perfectly with everything I was thinking of getting (and more). Again, thanks to Nouveau Cheap for alerting me to the majority of the sales that week. I’m serious, PD followers, one of the only blogs I will check everyday, and not just for deals. Anyway. I picked up…
- Maybelline Fit Me! Liquid SPF 18 Foundation in Caramel 350 | link: I have heard tons of mixed reviews about this foundation, but I’ve wanted to try it for myself (and it ended up being a little less than 3 dollars). If I dislike, doesn’t hurt the wallet too bad, right? ;D (edit: I tried this foundation and I now completely understand the negative side of all of the reviews of this product. It starts out great for the first forty five minutes…and then within the second hour of wear it starts to melt off. Completely. …..three hours pass by and I can’t even tell I put anything on. And it wasn’t even humid when I tried it! So disappoint -_-)
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow in Fierce & Tangy (10) and Edgy Emerald (50) | link: I love my neutral ones and I wasn’t really planning on getting any other colors, but the combination of the deals, coupons and more ExtraCare dollars meant that I now have these two. I love orange so I am really excited. And emerald, blue and gold? Beautiful. I got both for a little over 10 dollars + $3 ExtraCare dollars!
- Milani Liquif’Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Black (01) and Brown (05) | link: I have always wanted these pencils in my collection. They are some of the best drugstore eyeliners on the market right now (we posted our recommendations for drugstore eyeliners here) and I’m really excited! Both for 10 dollars so not too bad.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara in Black (670) | link: I have always had great luck with L’Oreal mascaras, so I decided to try this formula. Got waterproof because my eyes are like Niagara Falls sometimes. It was on sale at CVS and there was a coupon so I got it for $4.99.
- Wet n Wild LE Flora Collection: Okay this I did not really plan to get but I was about to leave and I looked up and I was like :OO LE Wet n Wild collection? I MUST PURCHASE. And there were two color sets to choose from so I got the one that included orange (do you see a theme here). It was $3.50 after coupons.
Moral of the story is, watch your circulars and clip those coupons!! And enjoy your savings. Happy hauling PD and as always, drop an ask if you want additional pictures or a review.
From the last couple of weeks. Shopped the CVS clearance sale, Redplum had amazing Maybelline coupons a bit ago and the Tarte blush? …I just wanted it.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadows in Bad to the Bronze (25) and Bold Gold (45) | link
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Palette Eyeshadow Set in Greed and Pride | link
- Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown (004) | link
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel CreamLiner in Glam Hazel Eyes | link
- Milani Minerals Blush with Brush in Luminous (201) and Sweet Rose (204) | link
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Powder Blush in Pink Sorbet (018) | link
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Tipsy | link
Let me know if you would like any additional pictures, swatches or reviews. Toodles~
You asked, we delivered: our favorite drugstore products of 2011. We did a favorite drugstore eyeliners post you guys liked here, just for reference (and also to avoid unnecessary asks re: drugstore eyeliners. We get a lot.) Some of these aren’t necessarily 2011 releases but they’re products we reach for time and time again, not just over other drugstore products but high end equivalents, too.
I don’t want to bombard y’all with Cyber Monday / Black Friday Deals because you can get the deets anywhere, really, but these might not be ones you’d notice right away but they’re too good to pass up imo!
Milani - 50% off w/ FREE SHIPPING. Milani has some of the best drugstore makeup hands down — their Liquif’Eye Liners are on par with Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils at just $7 a pop, and their glosses are excellent as well. They have a YSL Touche Eclat Dupe you might want to try too, and their blushes are beautiful.
Sugarpill - 30% off on Black Friday, 20% off on Saturday. I have not been able to keep my hands off my Sugarpill ever since I got it and have literally nothing bad to say about the brand at all.
INGLOT - INGLOT, Urban Decay, and Sugarpill are my Holy Trinity of Eyeshadow Brands. My Freedom Palette is my child and if I could afford it, I’d grab another one during this black friday sale with no hesitation. INGLOT rarely does sales so I highly suggest hauling if you can.