i am fond of:
- portland black lipstick company
- kaoir has a great lipstick formulation across all shades including black
- mufe artist intense lipstick is readily available and very pigmented, i just don’t like the formulation as much as others on the market. still — very pigmented, not wimpy at all.
- drugstore option would be NYX macaron shade. i don’t like it on me but others beauty bloggers seem to really love it. on me it kind of just slips off.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Mega Last Lip Color Vamp it Up and Black Orchid and Cherry Bomb $1.89
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry and Va Va Violet $7.99
- Fine Wine Covergirl Queen Lipstick $6.09
I think those are my favorites. If anyone has any lipsticks to add feel free to drop a comment.
- NARS Train Bleu is my favorite matte. NARS Matte Lip Pencils in general are great. Velvety! It’s a dark dramatic “fall” color but the entire range is great.
- For a drugstore matte, the NYX Matte range is pretty great. I prefer it to the Illamasqua mattes which are much more expensive. They’re also stranger colors, which is great if you want a matte teal lipstick, but it is the hardest formulation in Sephora… very chalky, almost.
HOW-TO: SUNSET OMBRE LIPS
I finally got my hands on three of the NYX Macaron lipsticks and I LOVE them! While playing around with the lipsticks, I noticed some wouldn’t stick to the center of my lips, making them look patchy. I thought I’d mask this slight problem by creating an ombre effect - one that also makes an unconventional color more wearable!
LUPITA + LIPSTICK
Hello! I’m Lydia from the personal style blog Style is Style. I seldom wear makeup in my everyday life, but Powder Doom is inspiring me to experiment more! One product I am always into is LIPSTICK. Nothing is quite as satisfying as punctuating my face with a bold (or subtle) lip color. This post is essentially a fangirl homage to Revlon’s range of lipsticks + Lupita Nyong’o’s general amazingness. Clearly, Lupita is everything, and the girl knows her lip colors. I did three looks ranging from super easy to still pretty easy, using various Revlon lip products. I love the creaminess of their formulations, and the intensity of the pigments are excellent for drugstore prices. But enough about the lipstick…on to the looks!
Lipstick Layering 101: How to Combine Lip Colors Like a Pro
As you may have noticed I try things for weeks if not months before I say anything about them and usually get things weeks before they go on the market. I do not have any obligations or sponsorships with brands or even answer to magazine advertisers so I am 100% not shitting you when I say something sucks or something rules, even if they are given to me for free or whatever. Ok now that that disclaimer is aside, here is what is currently #NEW #FRESH #TRENDY at Sephora that live up to the hype. I just skimmed the “Just Arrived” section and have had all of these for months now so you can skip the hype or blog reviews. Here is the scoop.
- This Bite Lipstick tastes amazing. It’s also hella moisturizing and safe (free of all the junk of parabens etc blah blah blah), mostly I love it because it tastes SO GOOD? Like the most delicious cherry lipbalm or something? I actually put it on when I’m hungry sometimes just for the flavor. It’s gluten free also, whoohoo.
- Bobbi Brown stick foundation is the wave if you have a lot of scarring or acne. It is hella heavy duty. Technically it’s not new, just repackaged, I believe. Maybe minor adjustments to the formulation, it’s just as good as it ever was. You can use this as a concealer (probably wisest, you don’t need heavy duty coverage 100% of the time everywhere, even with bad skin). But yes. One of the best foundations out there. Comes in a good color range too. They just expanded it into darker colors.
- Margiela’s new fragrances are the only thing I stan for in regards to the brand besides Tabis. I like how sweet they are and the packaging is beautiful and the smell lasts a long time.
- Urban Decay Electric Palette - I feel like this was made just for me. When I saw the press release it took me all about 2 seconds to call them up and beg for them to send me one to try out “for the readers”. SO PIGMENTED. I’ve been using it almost every day! I LOVE IT. SO MUCH. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. There’s not a dud in this. actually I don’t like the silver that much but the blue more than makes up for it. Best blue ever. Like, forreal. You know the Nars blue everyone loves but is disappointed by? This is that blue, but better. Sorry NARS, I love your concealers a lot tho.
OMG: NYX MACARONS
Beloved drugstore brand NYX is releasing their new highly anticipated and truly swoon-worthy lipstick line, “macarons”, early next week for only $6 a pop! With colors that range from traditional pastel pretties to unconventional rarities like white, black, and yellow, it’s basically our dream come true!