I haven’t done lip swatches of anything in awhile, and my skin is pretty shit right now, but the lighting is extremely forgiving so here are lip swatches of my Morgana’s Cryptoria order. It took a month to get to me, which was really annoying, but also not unexpected as it’s stated on the website processing will take awhile. I am unsure if you will be able to purchase all of these at the moment, some of these were on Clearance or LE but she has a lot of colors on the website so you might find a similar one. These are vegan, also.
- Golden Peach - (unavailable) - I feel bad even talking about this cause she isn’t selling it anymore (I’ve had this sitting on my desk for a month, lol) but whatever. It’s a shimmery, indeed ‘golden’ based orange. Wouldn’t really call it a peach color. It’s kind of like a shimmery, paler color I use when Revlon’s Siren is too orange for me. Since this has shimmer in it, it can settle into your liplines. I like using this with lipgloss or topping it off with some lip balm. Not QUITE as pigmented on the first swipe as I’d like, either. I’ve give it a solid B.
- Metallic Seafoam - ($10) - I just tend to accumulate a lot of blues, purples, and black lip colors… I have way more than I do reds and corals and “”nude”” colors. Quite a dry formulation, I wouldn’t ever wear it alone because it’d be too dry and patchy (click the picture to see what I mean). I think this looks really nice underneath a gloss or lip tar, though. This is a B-.
- Sugar Plum - ($7) - Where has this lipstick been all of my life? Um, obsessed. It is not a perfect formulation — it has slip, more than I’d like. If it were Illamasqua’s formulation, a little dryer (this is the least dry out of the bunch) I think it’d be perfect. I’d give this an A- and that is because I haven’t worn it for long long lengths of time. I feel like this is also a good dupe for that Limecrime color if you were looking for one.
- Asylum - ($5) - Bleh. I mean, it’s a beautiful color, yes, but also you need a base color or it’s going to look like you have a weird mouth disease. Here is it on my bare lips. I think, if you wore black lipliner or a black lipstick underneath it, it would look really beautiful though. I guess this is a C+. With a base, it’d be a B.
I mean, my grades for these products are mediocre but I do think they are a great value and especially considering they are in really nice packaging especially for indie brands — Morgana uses bullets. The packaging isn’t uniform throughout the lipsticks though, which I personally find irritating. However, for the value — similarly pigmented lipcolors in these shades are going for like $15+ in Sephora and elsewhere, so you should definitely check her out.
Milani’s new Color Statement lipsticks (AND THAT POUCH!!) need to get in my life immediately. (Swatches & photo from Vampy Varnish)
After filming for a project at Milk Studios yesterday I walked over to Sephora because I haven’t been in ages and promptly spent forever swatching products and hoarding samples. I love Sephora. It’s my church. I took photos of things I loved.
- Those are all the new Stila Color Lip Balm Lipsticks - $20 a pop. I luuvvvVVvvv these.I would say they are of similar formulation to the Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Colors, even though the packaging is similar to Revlon lip butters. My favorites are Gemma and Valentina, the purple and orange. Supremely glossy.
- I’ve been wearing Buxom lipstick in Menace (click) for awhile. I do love it so. It ends up drying into your liplines though which none of my other lipsticks do — this is without reapplying or touching up, though. The standouts in these swatches are Rouge (the orange / fiery coral) and Exhibitionist (bright fuschia).
- NARS eyeshadows: Mad mad world duo, Strada, night porter, night flight and outremer.
- The crown jewels, though, were the MUFE lip products. Definitely expect the Lab Shine Lip Gloss in Chrome Onyx (the black one) and perhaps the orange lipstick, too.
I left with a bunch of samples of foundations and serums to test out for PD, too. WoOOooooOoOoOo. Have you tried these products? Thoughts?
Arabelle’s January Favorites
Lots of products to review, so here are some new ones by way of a monthly favorites post. (Here’s the last monthly favorites one — you’ll see some old faces).
- Jane Iredale Triple Pearl Powder Finishing Powder* ($68) - It’s probably the best setting powder I’ve ever used, it really blends in any imperfections and smooths, I’ve been using it for a few weeks and it has delivered all it promises for me. I don’t have to touch up throughout the day either. Packaging is kind of bulky but I guess that is also ‘luxurious’. I’d rather have something travel appropriate, personally.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette* ($27) - I have been waiting for this product ever since the Naked came out because I love matte shadows and personally, for my super fair skin, this is great, compact, and so worth the price. The colors blend out well, are pigmented and not as chalky as some UD shadows can sometimes be. Love. These would look chalky and unnatural on medium to dark skin though. Also, the palette is kind of hard to open but maybe that is just me.
- Benefit High Beam ($26) - Previously reviewed here.
- Zoya Nail Polish in Song ($8) - Swatch and discussion to be posted a few posts before this, go check it out.
- NARS Danmari Palette (LE/DC) - I love orgasms and also Orgasm. (this is my blog i’ll be inappropriate if I wanna)
- Urban Decay Setting Spray* ($29) - I have been using the Cooling/Hydrating formulation the most because I have dry skin and I think it does help, but the Long-Lasting formulation is definitely the best and practically cements my makeup into place.
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Fair/Light ($39) - Best under-eye concealer I’ve tried. It’s heavy enough to use on acne and scarring too, and doesn’t get wrinkly or cakey or whatever. You need very little of it as well.
- K- Palette Real Lasting Waterproof 24h Eyeliner ($15.70) - This has the thinnest brush. The thinnest. It’s also super super black and does not budge.
- MAC Violetta ($15) - On me, this is like a ‘natural’ lip color because it perfectly, and I mean perfectly, matches my hair color. I’ve grown bored of my usual purples (Belladonna, Kontrol) but this breathes new life into the color for me.
- INGLOT 545 AMC Lip Gloss ($16) - Paraben free & not tested on animals if you didn’t know (and if you care). I don’t really wear lip gloss very often but this is soooo pretty and you can actually see the duo on your lips, it’s really pigmented and strange and lovely.
- Dermablend Quick-Fix Concealer ($23) - I actually ran out of the tube I had of this. Like I ended up scraping the very last bits of it out. I have never hit pan so thoroughly on a product before and before I even hit pan I ordered 2 more backups because this is my Holy Grail Concealer. If I could only limit my makeup collection to like 3 things this would be one of them.
Disclaimer: * = provided for editorial consideration by the brand. This doesn’t mean I was obligated to blog about them & certainly doesn’t mean I am obligated to be nice and fawn over these products! Check out our disclosure policy here.
All the blue lipsticks I currently have with me in my dorm. The names are the captions, just click the photos. I would have done these photos with my DSLR but it’s dark out and I prefer natural light when I use my real camera. I have FOTD’s with Indigo Bridge and RX on powderdoom if you search for it though. (This means do not ask me, a google search or click through the tags will suffice.)
- inglot 292 — is quite similar to Indigo Bridge. I think for practicalities sake I’ll probably use this formulation more because it’s in bullet form and I don’t have to fix my lipline with this. PBCO is creamier, but a heavier formulation. This one is also more blue based and doesn’t read black in any light. You can feel the slight grit that makes this a little shimmery, too.
- Inglot 290 is actually my favorite out of these photos? I wouldn’t think such a pale color would be so nice on me. It has some slip though, and you need several layers for true opacity. I have’nt worn this out yet for any length of time but I can tell it’s going to be very high maintenence. I think for this shade, you can replicate it using lip tars (Feather + RX) for more longevity.
- OCC Lip Tar in RX. The color that started it all. (Actually no, my first lipstick was actually one from Hot Topic when I was in middle school, and it was a black based blue. lol.) I mean, I love this forever.
- PBCO Lipstick in Indigo Bridge - I am very fond of this color, I think it’s so beautiful and creamy and pigmented.
- Mac Lipmix in Blue - super dark blue. I was expecting it to be a liquid like OCC Lip Tar because of the packaging, but it’s more like a cream product — not as wet or gooey (gross) as Lip Tar, and it applies drier on your lips. It settled into my lip lines and looked gross (perhaps because of the incessant rubbing from these swatches though) so I put some clear MAC Lipglass on it for some shine. It is I would say, kind of a dark navy, and requires more blending than Lip Tar. They are noticably different formulations. I prefer lip tar, but if that feathers for you you might prefer Lip Mix. I haven’t seen this color in sunlight yet so I can’t say 100% it’s a perfect dupe of RX.
- Reblogged from fashinpirate
Rounded out my Lip Tar collection — I didn’t want any of the pinks or reds or beigey colors because BORING. Also picked up some of the MAC Lip Mixes to compare. Black, Burgundy, and Blue. Very excited to see the swatches myself.
Here are some tentative swatches of the INGLOT purchases I made at IMATS. I wasn’t really expecting to haul anything because I didn’t think they’d have the Pacific Blue collection, but I was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately they gave me the wrong eyeshadow purchase (>:|) and that is the straw that breaks my back because I’m so goddamn tired of their stupid numbering system. If their shadows had actual names, they wouldn’t have given me the wrong shade. BLARRGGGG.
You’ll obviously see me wearing these lip products in future FOTD’s so keep an eye out. Sorry I can’t provide face swatches at this time. (These photos are under flash, btw.)
A tiny lipstick haul which is probably Part 1 because I might love these two collections a tad too much. Apologies for the odd lighting, I am never home when there is natural lighting and when I am home…it’s cloudy. Midwest winter > Purchased these all at Walgreens! Swatched in the same way that the lipsticks are pictured -
- Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Perfect Pout Lip Color in Old School Glam (A037): I saw a preview picture of these on Nouveau Cheap, which is the worst thing for my wallet right now because look at how many collections are coming out I cry. My first impressions are a combination of this is very pigmented in one swipe and the formula doesn’t feel as drying as the Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Colors.
- Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Perfect Pout Lip Color in Fuchsianista (A039): I feel like I don’t have enough of this type of color in my collection, so I purchased this. Wore it to work for the first time and I’m in love - it is one of the longest lasting formulas I own (wore on me for eight hours before starting to fade). Super opaque and easy to work into the lips for a vibrant lip. love love love love
- Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 110: I love Rimmel lipsticks so much they last forever on me and I should have picked up the other two colors I was interested in. This is like an orange/coral/pink hybrid (I am quite bad at describing colors) and I love it. I haven’t been able to try the lipstick on my lips yet but I hope it shows up more matte than how it swatched.
Let me know if you want extra pictures or a review of anything, and I’ll see what I can do. Have a great week! o/~