peach-blossom-spring just told me that Ulta is having a 40% off NYX sale so now I’m telling you! Pick up a few shades of the Macaron colors and some of the Matte shades, they’re really lovely and for $3-4 a total steal. The Cake Brow Powder is a good powder to try out too, if you need a cheap alternative to Anastasia.
No problem. Here are my faves:
- Maybelline Super Stay Lipcolor - $8.49 - best drugstore pick for this imo
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge - $24 this will last like, unending makeout sessions. I promise. I don’t even understand how it’s so bulletproof.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - $24 I like the color selections from Stila the best for this occasion.
Yep! Here you are:
I think Mauve it Over would be your best bet, it’s quite similar and matte. The other two are very similar in terms of color but are not matte. Hope that helps!
i am fond of:
- portland black lipstick company
- kaoir has a great lipstick formulation across all shades including black
- mufe artist intense lipstick is readily available and very pigmented, i just don’t like the formulation as much as others on the market. still — very pigmented, not wimpy at all.
- drugstore option would be NYX macaron shade. i don’t like it on me but others beauty bloggers seem to really love it. on me it kind of just slips off.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Mega Last Lip Color Vamp it Up and Black Orchid and Cherry Bomb $1.89
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry and Va Va Violet $7.99
- Fine Wine Covergirl Queen Lipstick $6.09
I think those are my favorites. If anyone has any lipsticks to add feel free to drop a comment.
- NARS Train Bleu is my favorite matte. NARS Matte Lip Pencils in general are great. Velvety! It’s a dark dramatic “fall” color but the entire range is great.
- For a drugstore matte, the NYX Matte range is pretty great. I prefer it to the Illamasqua mattes which are much more expensive. They’re also stranger colors, which is great if you want a matte teal lipstick, but it is the hardest formulation in Sephora… very chalky, almost.
HOW-TO: SUNSET OMBRE LIPS
I finally got my hands on three of the NYX Macaron lipsticks and I LOVE them! While playing around with the lipsticks, I noticed some wouldn’t stick to the center of my lips, making them look patchy. I thought I’d mask this slight problem by creating an ombre effect - one that also makes an unconventional color more wearable!