HOW-TO: STILA SPRING 2014 AD CAMPAIGN INSPIRED LOOK
HOW-TO: STILA SPRING 2014 AD CAMPAIGN INSPIRED LOOK
Quick snap of things I’ve been trying out or can’t wait to. Some of these were purchased by me, some were gifted, * means gifted but obvi doesn’t impact my feelings about the actual product because duh integrity.
- Illamasqua Foundation ($44) - I purchased this months ago during the sale but I haven’t used it yet and I’m still feeling weird about using Illamasqua products since their terrible handling of their Christmas promotions (just google it, I know we’ll be asked, and I’m not going to talk about it anymore). Illamasqua has amazing, high quality products especially their lipsticks and foundation for super pale people who want intense coverage.
- Arrojo Styling Whip* ($18) - I get my hair cut at ARROJO (pics of my hair here) and love both their dry shampoo and their Styling Whip. I never used styling products on my hair when it was long but I think it’s so important now because my hair is super malleable and if I don’t control it at such a short length it can look weird. This is super light and easy to use — a little bit through damp hair to shape it the way you want, and you can air dry. Most mousses and gels etc I’ve tried have been too tacky or gooey but this isn’t.
- Mario Badescu Caviar Night Cream ($20) - I buy all my MB products during the Hautelook sales but they didn’t have the toner I liked so I picked this and the lotion instead. This is quite thick! I think the Ren one I like to use but ran out of is more like a super creamy lotion, but this is definitely more whipped. I’m still testing it out, I’ll let you know how I like it in a little bit.
- Balenciaga L’Essence ($135) - I’ve totally talked to death about this. Yeah yeah perfect perfume I love it etc.
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer ($39) - Rebought this because I’ve already hit pan on my first one after only a few months! It’s been steadfast in favorites posts since I purchased it.
- China Glaze Polish & L’Oreal’s Paparazzi Pleaser ($5.99)* - Haven’t used these yet since I’m currently obsessed with Color Club Glitters.
- Shoprite Oil Free Makeup Remover ($7.99) - I remove all my makeup using DHC Cleansing Oil now usually but if I have a lot of eye makeup on, I use some variation of the Nuetrogena remover. Target, Shoprite, etc… pretty much all the same formula. I like it best out of all the ones I’ve tried which have often been too oily or weirdly harsh.
- Illamasqua Poised Illuminator ($20) - I am fond of using illuminators and contour and no blush, so I bought this one also during the sale because I was curious. Still haven’t touched it though.
- Illamasqua Indulge ($22) - Illamasqua’s lip products have never failed me and make up a good chunk of my collection. Pigmented, super glossy or super matte depending on the producted, but never crappy.
- Mario Badescu Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion ($15) - I like using this post cleansing and it really makes a difference for my dry skin — helps it glow, looks brighter etc.
Products I’ve been liking recently~ (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Here are a couple products that I am loving right now. Most of them are products I already had in my collection, which is always nice - shopping your current collection is always a good thing.
- REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask ($55) | link: Purchased a gift set from Sephora including this mask a little over a month ago, and I’m hoping it will jump start my acne scar reduction with the other topical products I’m using. I quite like it - for the newer scars, it takes away almost all of the redness and for the older scars, slowly but surely it helps. Pleased so far with this product’s performance, but we’ll see.
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bottomless Java 800 ($6.99) | link: I have quite a bit of these eyeshadows (swatched a part of my collection here) and love them because they are one of the few formulas where I don’t have to use a primer before application. Loving using this as an all over the eye color slightly winged out, a great lazy day eye makeup look.
- CoverGirl Queen Collection Lipcolor Lipstick in Classy Coral Q500 ($6.99) | link: The funny thing is that I have been trying to use a different lipstick every day and I found this in my drawer and…I love it. On my lips it shows up as a terracotta coral with a tad bit of red. It’s beautiful~ I want to get more colors like this; terracotta is an interesting color. It last for around four hours and both of us really like the CoverGirl Lip Perfection lipstick line - check here for swatches/mini-reviews.
A quick picture post featuring a couple things I recently picked up. I’m planning to do a L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow swatchfest…sometime in the future.
- L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in Gold Imperial (407), Pink Sapphire (405) and Gleaming Bronze (408) - These colors are from the L’Oreal Summer 2012 It’s Gold or Nothing At All collection - related post on Nouveau Cheap. They were BOGO50% off and I knew that I really liked the formula of these and I had coupons and the awesome cosmetics specialist had coupons so…I got the colors that I didn’t already own. The fallout is the only downside of these shadows in my opinion, but these seriously do not come off and they’re so pretty.
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow in Pomegranate Punk (30) | link - …there isn’t really an explanation for this. One of my friends recommended this color to me and I was like well I already have four colors what’s another one and I got it for two dollars.
- Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Inspired (540) | link - When these were launched, this quad caught my eye because it was green/teal/blue and I love that color combination. I had a great coupon from Target so it ended up being $2.99. …admittedly I haven’t had the best experience with Revlon shadows, like the quads they discontinued that these are replacing, but I’m hoping that they retooled their formula.
- Revlon Eyelash Curler | link - I am officially on the hunt for a new lash curler and I have decided to try every single drugstore curler I can find before looking into mid to high-end curlers. I would rather not spend a lot on at least one part of my beauty routine for once haha.
And as for the eye look in this post, I decided to use the Revlon quad to test out the quality and such…and for the most part I’m impressed! Using the sponge applicator provided in the quad, I used the upper right color (light blue) as my all over lid color (with the bottom left color - pale green - patted on top), the bottom right color (deep blue) as the crease/outer corner color and the upper left color (off-white) as the inner corner color and dragged it slightly down onto the bottom waterline.
Full disclosure - I used the NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base as my primer. With that said, I took these pictures at around 7:30 pm and I first did my makeup (no retouches) at 10:30 am. *slow nod* I’m liking the wear on these. And just a quick note, used L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara in Black and Tarina Tarantino Hyperliner in Glamorous Thief.
Since I talk about my never-ending quest to collect all of the neutral eyeshadows ever, I decided to do a really simple look featuring…neutrals! (your surprise I feel it)
Eyes: L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush (892) as the all over eyelid color, theBalm Eyeshadow in Standoffish in the inner corner, and theBalm Eyeshadow in Sleek on the outer third of the eye. Used Milani Liquif’Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Brown (05) on the upper lashline and the outer third the waterline. Mascara used was Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara in Extreme Black (003).
Lips: Lipstick is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor in Coral Berry (674)
OH GOSH PD GUESS WHAT I FOUND. U GAIIZZZZZ~~ I found the L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows and the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes!
＼(￣ー￣＼)(/￣ー￣)/＼(￣ー￣＼)(/￣ー￣)/ NO REGRETS BUY EVERYTHING
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes in Plum Wine (50) and Hot Tamale (70)
L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in Bronzed Taupe (890), Eternal Sunshine (997), Golden Sage (333), Infinite Sky (222), and Midnight Blue (889)
So excited I can’t even YAAAAAAY (I purchased everything at my local Target!)