Arabelle’s January Favorites
Lots of products to review, so here are some new ones by way of a monthly favorites post. (Here’s the last monthly favorites one — you’ll see some old faces).
- Jane Iredale Triple Pearl Powder Finishing Powder* ($68) - It’s probably the best setting powder I’ve ever used, it really blends in any imperfections and smooths, I’ve been using it for a few weeks and it has delivered all it promises for me. I don’t have to touch up throughout the day either. Packaging is kind of bulky but I guess that is also ‘luxurious’. I’d rather have something travel appropriate, personally.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette* ($27) - I have been waiting for this product ever since the Naked came out because I love matte shadows and personally, for my super fair skin, this is great, compact, and so worth the price. The colors blend out well, are pigmented and not as chalky as some UD shadows can sometimes be. Love. These would look chalky and unnatural on medium to dark skin though. Also, the palette is kind of hard to open but maybe that is just me.
- Benefit High Beam ($26) - Previously reviewed here.
- Zoya Nail Polish in Song ($8) - Swatch and discussion to be posted a few posts before this, go check it out.
- NARS Danmari Palette (LE/DC) - I love orgasms and also Orgasm. (this is my blog i’ll be inappropriate if I wanna)
- Urban Decay Setting Spray* ($29) - I have been using the Cooling/Hydrating formulation the most because I have dry skin and I think it does help, but the Long-Lasting formulation is definitely the best and practically cements my makeup into place.
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Fair/Light ($39) - Best under-eye concealer I’ve tried. It’s heavy enough to use on acne and scarring too, and doesn’t get wrinkly or cakey or whatever. You need very little of it as well.
- K- Palette Real Lasting Waterproof 24h Eyeliner ($15.70) - This has the thinnest brush. The thinnest. It’s also super super black and does not budge.
- MAC Violetta ($15) - On me, this is like a ‘natural’ lip color because it perfectly, and I mean perfectly, matches my hair color. I’ve grown bored of my usual purples (Belladonna, Kontrol) but this breathes new life into the color for me.
- INGLOT 545 AMC Lip Gloss ($16) - Paraben free & not tested on animals if you didn’t know (and if you care). I don’t really wear lip gloss very often but this is soooo pretty and you can actually see the duo on your lips, it’s really pigmented and strange and lovely.
- Dermablend Quick-Fix Concealer ($23) - I actually ran out of the tube I had of this. Like I ended up scraping the very last bits of it out. I have never hit pan so thoroughly on a product before and before I even hit pan I ordered 2 more backups because this is my Holy Grail Concealer. If I could only limit my makeup collection to like 3 things this would be one of them.
Disclaimer: * = provided for editorial consideration by the brand. This doesn’t mean I was obligated to blog about them & certainly doesn’t mean I am obligated to be nice and fawn over these products! Check out our disclosure policy here.