So Chi-Chi already reviewed a few Yes To products which we were both sent and I’ve used these enough to feel comfortable giving my opinions, now. Here’s the dish:
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Eye Gel - $14.99 - You may ask if you ‘need’ an eye gel, and the short answer is no, because they’re just heavy duty moisturizers that are eye-space space, or so several dermatologists have told me. They’re just an additional step to your regimen you may want to try. I…don’t like this, it tingles. I’ve asked a few people to try this as well and they also say it tingles. It’s not a particularly pleasant tingling, it feels kind of burning the first time you use it and if you stop using it for awhile the burning comes back. Skip.
- Yes to Cucumber Daily Calming Moisturizer - $14.99 - While this has it’s upsides — nice creamy, almost primer like formulation, goes on smoothly and has nice SPF coverage, I also think it emphasizes redness (reviews online have mentioned it brings out rosacea) and isn’t quite enough to counteract dryness / flakiness that my acne medication can bring out in my chin. I think there are better moisturizers out there at this price point. Skip.
- Yes to Grapefruit Dark Spot Correcting Serum - $19.99 - This is definitely my favorite product out of everything currently available from the brand, and when it runs out, I’ll more than likely be restocking immediately. I definitely notice it working on lightening up my acne scars with consistent, daily usage. You have to be a little careful with pumping too much, and it smells weird (I don’t like the smell of the grapefruit line of products in general) and it’s a lil’ goopy BUT it’s a super thin product and works great and is pretty cheap for a scar serum so WUDDUP. Try it.
- Yes to Grapefruit Dark Spot Correcting Body Creme - $9.99 - I’m of the same opinion as Chi-Chi on this product. This is strongly fragranced with that grapefruit smell (which I’m not a huge fan of), but it’s basically a body butter. i don’t think it lightens up much really, it’s basically just a moisturizer. While I didn’t experience any negative side effects, break outs or redness etc, i also don’t think I experienced any…effects… in general.
- Yes to Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask - $1.99 - These single serve masks are perfect for party sleepovers or traveling. I got 5 uses out of mine actually, I probably could have gotten more. I think it’s a nice mask to alleviate redness, minimize pores. The effects are subtle of course, but it’s nice and if you just want a cheap quick pick me up treat yo self kind of mask this is a nice one to try.
I was also sent over their lip butters, I think the berry and pomegranate ones are my favorite, I keep one in my jacket or bag at all times. Chapped lips are not kawaii.
I think the great thing about the Yes to Brand is the multiple brands within the company that cater to specific concerns (you can see them all here) and the fact they have very funny packaging and their products are paraben and pthalate free. All the packaging is recyclable, sustainable, and they give back to the communities. While some of these products don’t work for me, I’ve been a fan of the brand since high school (So many backups of their discontinued Yes to Cucumbers Leave-In Conditioner!!) and I’ll continue to try stuff out from them because they’re one of my favorite drugstore brands. Hope you liked this review.
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for editorial consideration, but it (quite obviously) does not impact how I feel about the products. Similarly, links are affiliate links, which means if you purchase through them we get a small commission (of less than 10%, so literally pennies). Our priority is to you first before anything else. See our disclosure policies here.