I feel like I should try out more indies even though I hardly wear eyeshadow anymore…. I wish more indies did pressed shadows but these swatches look so good I’m tempted to buy them loose anyway! At $6 a pop, it’d be a perfectly fine impulse.
Don’t be sorry, here to help. I swear I’ve listed my favorites before…..can’t find it anywhere though. So:
- Sugarpill Love+ is a go-to favorite of mine
- INGLOT AMC 50 is probably my most loved shadow of all time….I hit pan on it.
- Make Up For Ever has several, here is the newest one.
- Fyrinnae never fails.
- Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Palette - your drugstore matte selection
- theBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette - Here’s a review with swatches.
- Here’s a wet n’ wild bright matte palette I really love.
Those are all pretty affordable.
As you may have noticed I try things for weeks if not months before I say anything about them and usually get things weeks before they go on the market. I do not have any obligations or sponsorships with brands or even answer to magazine advertisers so I am 100% not shitting you when I say something sucks or something rules, even if they are given to me for free or whatever. Ok now that that disclaimer is aside, here is what is currently #NEW #FRESH #TRENDY at Sephora that live up to the hype. I just skimmed the “Just Arrived” section and have had all of these for months now so you can skip the hype or blog reviews. Here is the scoop.
- This Bite Lipstick tastes amazing. It’s also hella moisturizing and safe (free of all the junk of parabens etc blah blah blah), mostly I love it because it tastes SO GOOD? Like the most delicious cherry lipbalm or something? I actually put it on when I’m hungry sometimes just for the flavor. It’s gluten free also, whoohoo.
- Bobbi Brown stick foundation is the wave if you have a lot of scarring or acne. It is hella heavy duty. Technically it’s not new, just repackaged, I believe. Maybe minor adjustments to the formulation, it’s just as good as it ever was. You can use this as a concealer (probably wisest, you don’t need heavy duty coverage 100% of the time everywhere, even with bad skin). But yes. One of the best foundations out there. Comes in a good color range too. They just expanded it into darker colors.
- Margiela’s new fragrances are the only thing I stan for in regards to the brand besides Tabis. I like how sweet they are and the packaging is beautiful and the smell lasts a long time.
- Urban Decay Electric Palette - I feel like this was made just for me. When I saw the press release it took me all about 2 seconds to call them up and beg for them to send me one to try out “for the readers”. SO PIGMENTED. I’ve been using it almost every day! I LOVE IT. SO MUCH. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. There’s not a dud in this. actually I don’t like the silver that much but the blue more than makes up for it. Best blue ever. Like, forreal. You know the Nars blue everyone loves but is disappointed by? This is that blue, but better. Sorry NARS, I love your concealers a lot tho.
Trying to think up unique content for PD using products I already have — shopping my closet, if you will. So I thought I’d introduce a new series— PD Favorites. Every so often, I’ll go through everything I own or have sampled from a brand and introduce you to them. I’m starting with Urban Decay because they were the first makeup brand I purchased from, and I have most of their products. I also have a lot of favorites! And I’ve visited their headquarters, which is beautiful.
- Urban Decay Eye Primer ($20) - I feel like this is probably in the makeup stash of any makeup fanatic at one point or another, and with good reason! It’s fantastic. Specifically: it’s a good primer for my eyelids. If you have oily eyelids, not so much, there are others out there. I’ve gone through many genie bottles of this stuff.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Chopper and SWF ($18) - I’ve swatched these both here (and many more of UD’s singles. I dunno, whenever I want a subtle, pretty eye makeup look, I turn to these. I feel like they are very versatile and flattering on all skintones, are buildable, smooth, etc. Out of all their shadows, I like these the best to balance out a pop of color.
- Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Crush and Punch Drunk ($19) - When these came out, I literally wore these two colors to work like, every day for months. That’s a big deal for me because I will happily wear a different lipstick every day for months and have no loyalty at all. Moisturizing, super pigmented, glossy. They’re always in my makeup bag.
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 69 and Anarchy ($22) - I reviewed them recently here, not much to add to that. I think these are my favorite lipsticks I’ve tried in months if not a year or so. I am a LIPSTICK FREAK and have many favorites, so that’s saying a lot.
- Urban Decay Palettes in Fun, Naked Basics, and 15th Anniversary ($36, $27, N/A because L/E) - I’ve got many of their palettes, these are my favorite. I like them for different reasons: fun has a perfect blend of colors to me that I can mix and match for colorful looks and it’s super cute, NAKED Basics is my favorite neutral everyday palette and I use it pretty much constantly, and the 15th Anniversary Palette is both eye candy, and a great palette to keep in my dorm and to leave the rest of my palettes at home, since it has a BUNCH of different colors and it’s own mirror. Most people who like UD probably have a Naked Palette, I think, and I have them, but I prefer matte finish eyeshadows so this particular palette was always going to be my favorite and it was worth the wait for me personally. I do wish they had it in more shades (I.E for a larger range of skintones) though.
- Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush ($25) - I dunno what it is about this brush but it makes even powder instantly like, full coverage and blend in my makeup perfectly. It’s the best brush I’ve used for buffing in my makeup and it’s super soft, gorgeous (I like my makeup brushes to have some heft in them) and feels really luxurious. Now, I have brushes across all price points, but this is my favorite out of all of them.
There you have it! I hope, if you’ve been curious as to which products to try out from this particular brand, that you have more of an idea now. let me know if you have any questions. To clarify, this isn’t a sponsored post, I’m not getting paid to push these products, though some of them were sent to me to try out. They are my genuine favorites and I hope if you try them out yourself you’ll fall in love with them as well!
Stoked to get information about a new Urban Decay product launch — Moondust Eyeshadows. Feels like cream, goes on like powder, super sparkly. Here’s an excerpt from the press release:
Super-secret new technology at our lab gives Moondust an amazing effect not found in traditional pressed-powder shadows. It feels like a cream but goes on like a powder to create a smooth, brilliantly reflective look. The result? Sexy, twinkling sparkle with a ton of depth and movement. (And a LOT of questions about what you’re wearing!) The colors are like nothing else out there. Our staff is already going nuts over Zodiac, an amazing smoky black with a blue-green shift and a sparkly 3-D effect.
Moondust Eyeshadow ($20.00) (New, Permanent)
- Moonspoon Medium gray with bright silver sparkle
- Diamond Dog Deep brown with white-gold sparkle
- Intergalactic Medium purple with bright silver sparkle
- Space Cowboy Light champagne with bright silver sparkle
- Glitter Rock Metallic pink with pink 3-D sparkle
- Zodiac Smoky black with blue-green shift and blue-green 3-D sparkle
- Stargazer Metallic lime-gold with gold 3-D sparkle
Available beginning April 9th at Urban Decay online, and April 2013 at Sephora, ULTA, and Macy’s.
After filming for a project at Milk Studios yesterday I walked over to Sephora because I haven’t been in ages and promptly spent forever swatching products and hoarding samples. I love Sephora. It’s my church. I took photos of things I loved.
- Those are all the new Stila Color Lip Balm Lipsticks - $20 a pop. I luuvvvVVvvv these.I would say they are of similar formulation to the Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Colors, even though the packaging is similar to Revlon lip butters. My favorites are Gemma and Valentina, the purple and orange. Supremely glossy.
- I’ve been wearing Buxom lipstick in Menace (click) for awhile. I do love it so. It ends up drying into your liplines though which none of my other lipsticks do — this is without reapplying or touching up, though. The standouts in these swatches are Rouge (the orange / fiery coral) and Exhibitionist (bright fuschia).
- NARS eyeshadows: Mad mad world duo, Strada, night porter, night flight and outremer.
- The crown jewels, though, were the MUFE lip products. Definitely expect the Lab Shine Lip Gloss in Chrome Onyx (the black one) and perhaps the orange lipstick, too.
I left with a bunch of samples of foundations and serums to test out for PD, too. WoOOooooOoOoOo. Have you tried these products? Thoughts?
By now you have probably seen swatches of this at least a trillion times (I really like Leesha’s swatches), but here are mine. Since my visit to Urban Decay Headquarters (pictures here) I have been kept busy with fashion week prep and back to school prep so I haven’t had enough time to thoroughly test this until just now. I’ve used it several times now and I’m quite fond of it! I’ve been using Naked2, Faint, and Crave daily, and Venus is a great brow highlight.
For a big matte shadow lover like me this palette is such a good buy and it’s sooo travel friendly too. In an ideal world they’d come out with another version of this for darker skintones because I know this would be so chalky on dark skin. Perhaps time will tell. For pale skinned babes who want some matte neutrals (which are surprisingly hard to find), this is a good bet.
This product was provided for editorial consideration but it doesn’t impact the review — honesty to our readers is our #1 priority.