Aw thank you. I use K-Palette and Dolly Wink because they are very fine, very black felt tip pens that do not budge at all even on oily lids (both Chi-Chi & I use these liners, or she did before she ran out). Dolly Wink is super popular in Asia for a reason — it’s REALLY good. Whenever I’m in Taipei or Tokyo I stock up when I can, they are honestly perpetually sold out in the drugstores there because they’re so well known and popular. I mean, I used to use the Urban Decay liquid liner and it’s still good, but K-Palette and Dolly Wink are pens, which i find more practical and easier to use, and also they come off much easier and don’t slough off like the UD formulation.
Setting your liner with black shadow (or shadow that matches whatever color your liner is at the moment) helps prevent it from moving. You can also use an eyelid primer beforehand as an extra precaution.
Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Black Eyeliner: Not A Winner.
This is after an hour!!! An hour!!! On lids that are not oily!!!! As in, so not oily, I do not even use primer anymore because I only wear liner now anyway and none of my liquid liners require priming!!!
Like honestly, when I first purchased it, I liked it for tightlining, but even just tightlining, it goes everywhere… I didn’t even tightline this time, but it’s literally on my eyebags. I look like I’ve been crying.
F- Would not buy again good riddance ew gross gonna chop it up and throw the remains at people I don’t like bleugh goodbye
(This has been a professional review by Arabelle, a very professional review, with a product she brought herself with her own money, and she has no idea why she is talking in third person but whatever it’s been a long day and this terrible eyeliner is kind of traumatizing alright)
Chi-Chi’s Recent Favorites
Hello darlings! I wanted to share some of my favorites that I’ve purchased relatively recently - new products are wonderful y/y?
- OPI Natural Nail Strengthener | $9: This is the saving grace of my nails - my nails are quite fragile and soft, and this product has made strong enough to grow consistently!
- Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner in Black Flash | $6: This is rivaling my love for the Tarina Tarantino liners mentioned here - creamy, takes a bit to set, does not move on my oily lids. Very black and quite shiny (Avon should make a matte version - would purchase!)
- Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Deep | $9.99: This is a wonderful, soft powder that sets most of my foundations nicely, including my cream and liquid foundations.
- Wet n Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer | $4.99: Pretty much this is the only eyeshadow primer other than NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Base that works on my oily lids. Has the consistency similar to that of UDPP (but works better because UDPP does nothing for me).
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Dark Beige (12) | $32: This concealer is hard to work with under the eyes; however, it does not move on after it sets until you want it to move. I’m…in love.
- Maybelline Blush in Coral Burst (from the Spring 2013 LE collection): I saw Muse’s review of this blush and determined that I must have it because it looked absolutely beautiful. Then I bought it and it exceeded expectations so I went back and bought a backup. i regret nothing
What have you been loving recently? Comment with your current favorites - we’re always open for recommendations! <3 o/~
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means if you purchase them, we’ll get a small commission — less than 10%. These aren’t advertisements and are products we actually like and use though. Read more about our disclosure practices here. ^__^