Products I have been liking/What I’ve purchased recently
Ohai PD! Since the semester started, I have put most of my beauty hauls and purchases on hold because uni is expensive, so I’ve started to ‘shop my collection’ and spend less than 10 dollars on beauty every two weeks. …surprisingly easier than expected and I’ve been finishing products left and right. I finally finished another one of my base products so I’ve started to use the L’Oreal Lumi foundation, which I will be doing a full review on when I’ve used it for a longer period of time. Speaking of my collection, I’ve never actually taken pictures of it…hm. Maybe another time. Anyway! Onto my recent likes and things I’ve purchased (semi)recently.
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder in Golden Orange | $36: I actually got this because the nicest person ever who sold me my Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer gave me one of her unopened testers. Fast forward a year, I opened it and fell in love (why is it the expensive things I fall in love with most of the time really). Up until recently, I set my foundation with the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and liked it for the most part, but I found that it does start to look cakey and I would get oily regardless. With this loose powder, it does not look cakey, it feels very light on the skin and I get oily around hour 11 instead of three hours after applying my foundation.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - Kate Moss Collection in 06 | $4.99-$7.99: I know I said that I do not need any lip products for a very long time, but I met the nicest couponers when I was in CVS one night and we bonded over the fact that American BB Creams are horrible and they gave me coupons so I got it for $1.99. Could not resist and I am so happy that I caved in to the pretty lipstick - this is one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks that I own. Completely opaque coverage with a great color for fall and decent lasting power - with minor drinking, it lasted for four and a half hours. It’s actually the lipstick I wore in this post and I feel especially awesome when wearing it. I think Rimmel lipsticks get overlooked when it comes to their formula, and I completely recommend this lipstick.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain in No. 11 Rouge Gouache | $32: Continuing with the lip products, I actually did a full review on this product previously here. Pretty much I may have forgotten I owned this product, used it again recently and remembered why I adored this product. Wore it at work the other day and had five people complement me on my lips. Great fall red yes/yes?
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Salon Nail Color in Bite the Bullet (207B) | $1.99: I got this polish for free because CVS had buy one get one free on all of their Wet n Wild products (purchased the Wet n Wild Crème Eyeliner - never tried it). I already own eight of these polishes and these are hands down my favorite drugstore formula, especially for the flat applicator brush. Opaque in two coats, and with a top coat, lasts on my nails for six days. And it’s cheap!
- Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black | $12-$17: This is my favorite black liquid eyeliner, and this semester has reminded me of that again because it’s easy to apply when half-asleep and running late for class. Just enough control to do a quick flick or cat eye but not too fine of an applicator that makes building a thick line tedious. I did a full review of this product previously here.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow in Olive Martini (LE) | $9.99: After seeing one of my favorite YT gurus emilynoel83 rave about this quad, I decided I must own it. After using it a couple times, I’m torn. It swatches absolutely beautifully, but I found that building up the color on my lids to be a tad difficult, which is odd because I own the Give me Gold quad from the same line and those shadows apply beautifully. However, with a little bit of work, the colors look absolutely amazing on the lids and create a great smokey eye. If you can still find it, I recommend purchasing!
And that’s it! Next up, either a finished products post, mini products on blast post or a collection collage. Toodles~ o/