Arabelle’s Current Skincare Routine
We’ve been getting pretty repetitive questions more than usual lately perhaps because the influx of followers daily which is why we haven’t answered many questions lately — there are just so many times we want to repeat ourselves when we say check the tags. One of the most repetitive questions is about my haircare routine — if you check the hair tag I list all of my haircare products, including my hair dye. It never changes. However! Skincare does. So! Here is what I’ve been using for the past few weeks / months and what I’m loving, along with mini-reviews.
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: I’ve been using this twice a day since I got it at IMATS. Usually I wait ages before reviewing skincare but I can tell you right now I love it — my skin has totally been dying but I have noticed a vast difference in it’s dullness, moisture content, and general health since using this. It is a little thicker than the drugstore alternative of this (Kose Softymo, review here). I don’t even use a full pump of this stuff, maybe half a pump and it gets rid of a full face of makeup including waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I am a big fan.
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser: When you have dry skin it’s super important to exfoliate regularly to get rid of the flaky skin that ruins even the most painstakingly applied makeup. I really love this one — more than Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant, more than Bobbi Brown’s exfoliant, more than St. Ive’s, more than my asian drugstore versions. I use this after DHC or while I’m in the bathtub and my face is steaming.
- CeraVe Moisturizer: I mean, it’s boring but it totally works for my super dry sensitive skin and doesn’t smell funny or make me break out like other boring moisturizers, the end.
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Sleeping Mask: I got this because my skin was screaming for moisture and you know how much I love the Water Fuse BB Cream. Well, this is great too. <3___<3 If you have dry, sensitive skin that sometimes burns when you use serums or whatever for moisture this might be a godsend.
- Skinfood Fermented Pomegranate Whitening Sleeping Mask: I am not an advocate for skin whitening for the sake of being whiter because privilege or whatever, it’s your business what you do with your skin and why you do it. I use this simply to lighten up my acne scarring. Jury is out how good it is, I’m not gonna repurchase but I don’t plan on wasting it either.
- Skinfood Kiwi Yogurt Mask: This is the old lady of the bunch — I’ve been using this mask for years, I think this is like my fourth tub haha. I recommend it to everyone and it’s awesome for both light exfoliation, brightening, moisture and acne (if you crush up a lil’ aspiration or add lemon juice, since this is a yogurt mixture).
- My Beauty Diary Pearl Mask: This is my favorite MBD skin mask. Both Chi-Chi and I use these masks.
Let me know if you have any questions about these products in detail or if they’ve worked (or failed) for you!