Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser ($24.00 for 7.1 fl oz) | link is a charcoal-based cleanser that is wonderful for combination, oily or acne-prone skin because of its deep cleansing properties. I have been using this product for the last three months and I am in love with this cleanser for a couple of reasons.
- This cleanses everything. I’m talking /everything/ okay. Any dirt or impurity your skin has will be cleansed completely with this cleanser. The nice thing is that you don’t even need that much product to cleanse your face completely – I use a half a pump of product for my entire face when I use cleansing oil beforehand. This will last for a very long time.
- You don’t have to use a separate makeup remover. The website claims that this will take off makeup completely, and it does. Even my waterproof eyeliner and mascara melt away with water + this cleanser, with a tad bit of rubbing. Truly surprised – although I still use my cleansing oil.
- Helps with blackheads and clogged pores. My chin’s pores and I are in a constant battle for dominance and this cleanser is tipping the battle in my favor – even during my period! Definitely helps in keeping my pores unclogged and blackheads at bay in my trouble areas.
- This can be drying. I was tempted to put in the pros ‘not drying’ because as the weather gets warmer, it leaves my skin clean but not stripped. However, when I first started to use it during the later parts of the winter, I had to make sure not to use the cleanser too much or else I would get some dry spots. Would not recommend for dry skin because I fear this would irritate dry skin further (perhaps try the Honey and Oat cleanser).
- The price. This is an interesting point, because I will spend a lot of money for my base makeup (foundation #1) and specific skincare treatments, but this is the most expensive cleanser that I’ve ever purchased.
Would I recommend? Yes absolutely. This is quickly becoming a staple in my nightly skincare routine and my skin has taken a turn for the better once I started using it, and I will be repurchasing when I eventually run out.