Beauty by hair stylist Luke Baker and makeup artist Deanna Melluso for Vogue Taiwan.
Tanya Dziahileva at Dior Couture Spring 2009
- Reblogged from teacakes
- Reblogged from japanesefashionlovers
Chi-Chi’s Recent Favorites
Hello darlings! I wanted to share some of my favorites that I’ve purchased relatively recently - new products are wonderful y/y?
- OPI Natural Nail Strengthener | $9: This is the saving grace of my nails - my nails are quite fragile and soft, and this product has made strong enough to grow consistently!
- Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner in Black Flash | $6: This is rivaling my love for the Tarina Tarantino liners mentioned here - creamy, takes a bit to set, does not move on my oily lids. Very black and quite shiny (Avon should make a matte version - would purchase!)
- Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Deep | $9.99: This is a wonderful, soft powder that sets most of my foundations nicely, including my cream and liquid foundations.
- Wet n Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer | $4.99: Pretty much this is the only eyeshadow primer other than NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof Base that works on my oily lids. Has the consistency similar to that of UDPP (but works better because UDPP does nothing for me).
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in Dark Beige (12) | $32: This concealer is hard to work with under the eyes; however, it does not move on after it sets until you want it to move. I’m…in love.
- Maybelline Blush in Coral Burst (from the Spring 2013 LE collection): I saw Muse’s review of this blush and determined that I must have it because it looked absolutely beautiful. Then I bought it and it exceeded expectations so I went back and bought a backup. i regret nothing
What have you been loving recently? Comment with your current favorites - we’re always open for recommendations! <3 o/~
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means if you purchase them, we’ll get a small commission — less than 10%. These aren’t advertisements and are products we actually like and use though. Read more about our disclosure practices here. ^__^
Arabelle’s January Favorites
Lots of products to review, so here are some new ones by way of a monthly favorites post. (Here’s the last monthly favorites one — you’ll see some old faces).
- Jane Iredale Triple Pearl Powder Finishing Powder* ($68) - It’s probably the best setting powder I’ve ever used, it really blends in any imperfections and smooths, I’ve been using it for a few weeks and it has delivered all it promises for me. I don’t have to touch up throughout the day either. Packaging is kind of bulky but I guess that is also ‘luxurious’. I’d rather have something travel appropriate, personally.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette* ($27) - I have been waiting for this product ever since the Naked came out because I love matte shadows and personally, for my super fair skin, this is great, compact, and so worth the price. The colors blend out well, are pigmented and not as chalky as some UD shadows can sometimes be. Love. These would look chalky and unnatural on medium to dark skin though. Also, the palette is kind of hard to open but maybe that is just me.
- Benefit High Beam ($26) - Previously reviewed here.
- Zoya Nail Polish in Song ($8) - Swatch and discussion to be posted a few posts before this, go check it out.
- NARS Danmari Palette (LE/DC) - I love orgasms and also Orgasm. (this is my blog i’ll be inappropriate if I wanna)
- Urban Decay Setting Spray* ($29) - I have been using the Cooling/Hydrating formulation the most because I have dry skin and I think it does help, but the Long-Lasting formulation is definitely the best and practically cements my makeup into place.
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Fair/Light ($39) - Best under-eye concealer I’ve tried. It’s heavy enough to use on acne and scarring too, and doesn’t get wrinkly or cakey or whatever. You need very little of it as well.
- K- Palette Real Lasting Waterproof 24h Eyeliner ($15.70) - This has the thinnest brush. The thinnest. It’s also super super black and does not budge.
- MAC Violetta ($15) - On me, this is like a ‘natural’ lip color because it perfectly, and I mean perfectly, matches my hair color. I’ve grown bored of my usual purples (Belladonna, Kontrol) but this breathes new life into the color for me.
- INGLOT 545 AMC Lip Gloss ($16) - Paraben free & not tested on animals if you didn’t know (and if you care). I don’t really wear lip gloss very often but this is soooo pretty and you can actually see the duo on your lips, it’s really pigmented and strange and lovely.
- Dermablend Quick-Fix Concealer ($23) - I actually ran out of the tube I had of this. Like I ended up scraping the very last bits of it out. I have never hit pan so thoroughly on a product before and before I even hit pan I ordered 2 more backups because this is my Holy Grail Concealer. If I could only limit my makeup collection to like 3 things this would be one of them.
Disclaimer: * = provided for editorial consideration by the brand. This doesn’t mean I was obligated to blog about them & certainly doesn’t mean I am obligated to be nice and fawn over these products! Check out our disclosure policy here.
Of course the only blushes I want are old limited editions that are 2x the price on Amazon. Boo.
- Source: makeupandbeautyblog.com
Arabelle’s Current Makeup Favorites
I seldom do monthly favorites because as we all know, I’m incredibly boring and use the same things on my face all the time. HOWEVER! I HAVE BEEN FEELING EXPERIMENTAL. Anyway, what I mean to say is I’ve been shopping my makeup stash and using things I’ve had for awhile but have just been staring at.
- NARS DANMARI PALETTE (LE, Not available) - I feel bad posting about this but like, I’m soooo glad I bought it when I had the chance. It was my real introduction to NARS blushes which I really didn’t want to like because $$, but I’m quite smitten and it’s definitely changed my makeup routine. I use Casino as contour and it’s great. A+ would buy again. I’m contemplating purchasing one of the current LE holiday palettes NARS has out right now — Foreplay looks like a great deal.
- OCC Glitter in Mirrorball ($12.50) - I already did a post specifically about how much I like this glitter here. Technically this is not to be used on the eye area, you’re supposed to mix it with other things, but I use it on my eyes as shadow applied with Too Faced Glitter Primer and it stays on forever. It’s gritty — not like the Loose Colour Concentrates, which are OCC’s loose shadows — but it’s fabulous and looks like unicorn tears.
- Benefit High Beam ($26) - I am all about looking like a luminous elvin bride who bathes in the blood of those who wrong her, and this totally makes me look like Galadriel — albiet purple haired and short and like… well you get the point. Right? I mean. Anyway it works well.
- Hourglass Siren ($28) - Mad about the price but in love with the lipgloss. My favorite lipgloss. Ever. It’s just… everything about it is great. I have zero criticisms besides the price tag. It’s utterly unique and beautiful, smooth, and the packaging is great.