Since I currently have a pretty intimidating backup of products to properly review, I thought I’d do a group mini review of what is on my face currently and kill five birds with one stone. These were all c/o also, getting that out of the way.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics: This has already been mentioned twice, go see the swatches & monthly favorites here. In summary, though: Matte, pigmented neutral shadows in travel friendly packaging. Kind of an essential.
- Jane Iredale Finishing Powder: Also reviewed here before. I’m trying to give my skin a break from layers and layers of makeup so I’ve just been using sunscreen, concealer and this when I have to wear makeup for work.
- Olay Total Effects Moisturizer SPF 15: Light moisturizer with tiny amount of SPF. I have pretty red skin right now from a harsh acne breakout and dryness, this did tone correct like it promised, but not a huge amount. I also don’t think SPF 15 is saying much. I am not incredibly impressed but if you have oily skin with a small amount of redness you might appreciate this. I’m not quite sold. This is probably most useful as something to be layered on top of — you can find other products that do all of what it offers, but better.
- Buxom Menace Lipstick: Satin finish, rich wine color. The raspberry / rich wine lipstick family is my favorite so obviously I’m in love. This is satin finish, super vivid — one swipe does it. VERY moisturizing, also, probably one of the more hydrating formulations, but not to the point where it slips on your lips and looks sloppy. Very impressed, and it has beautiful packaging. Call me a fan.
- Too Faced Highlighting Powder Duo: I prefer liquid highlighter (Benefit’s High Beam, forever) because especially with my dry skin, shiny highlighting powder like this just looks chunky and noticeable on me even with a light, light hand. It’s a good product for me in the summer but right now, I’m a sad panda.
So — mixed bag. Kept it short and to the point though. Let me know if you’ve tried these products and what you thought about them — especially the Olay and Buxom! I haven’t heard much hype about either.