- Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour Palette (Limited Edition, $48)
I was so excited when I swatched this palette in store because the shadows were so beautiful swatched, truly, but when I actually played around with the palette this morning it was a nightmare to work with. My makeup usually takes like, 15-30 minutes but all in all this took like an hour to get any pigmentation on my lids at all, and that is with primer and both dry and wet application. The colors just don’t get picked up by the brush, they simply refuse to leave my fingertips and get on my lids - auuuughhhh!!! When applied wet, the shadows are a a bit more pigmented, but not enough to make this palette worth purchasing. If you are looking for a sheer tint with shimmer thrown in, perhaps this is the palette for you. However, I expected much more from Laura Mercier, and this just isn’t it. I ended up giving up on packing on the colors and just put a dash of an Urban Decay shadow on my lids so I could get my eye makeup over with. That one swipe of Urban Decay Omen gave more pigmentation than 7+ applications of any of the LM colors! Really! I’m so mad.
I have seen drugstore shadow with better results. Such a fail formula. Skip it. Boo. Hiss.
My Sephora Haul! I didn’t do F&F because I had non-applicable store credit, so this weekend I went in to haul some stuff I’ve been obsessing over, and also just stuff I just need in general. The store location I went to didn’t have everything I intended to buy so I’ll be stopping by another location when I go out later this week.
- NARS Danmari Palette (Limited Edition, $65) - This is actually my first NARS purchase! For shame, I know. But I am usually unimpressed by their eyeshadows and never really felt the need to blow $20+ on a single blush when I am perfectly happy with my Hard Candy blush sticks. But I thought I’d give this a try since it’s such a good deal for NARS and I was really impressed with their holiday releases.
- Sephora Brush Cleaner & Sharpener - Nothing to write home about, I needed brush cleaner and a sharper. Woooo.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner (Perversion, $18) - This is like my third backup because I use this liner pretty religiously, it is hands down the best I have ever tried. I compared it to the MUFE new liners that everyone is raving about, but I really prefer the brush on this more. I don’t like the brush on the MUFE one, this one is thinner and more pliable.
- Urban Decay Brow Tint (Brunette, $20) - I ran out of my last one, and I loved it and repurchased it immediately. This is so nice for natural looking filled in brows on the go, I much prefer it over pencil or brow powder.
- Josie Maran Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+ To Go ($12) - I think incorporating a serum or oil is really essential for dry skin during the winter months. This has argan oil AND suncreen in it. Two birds with one stone.
- Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour Palette (Limited Edition, $48) - This just randomly caught my eye in store and when I swatched it, I almost cried it was so pretty! However, just because it swatched well doesn’t mean it is as pretty when applied, so I’ll let you guys know how it fares soon.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - I don’t use primer but I’ll try this out and see if I like it.
- Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume ($23) - this is online only for Sephora so I went to Macy’s and got it there instead. Probably going back later to get the mascara primer too. But ya’ll know how I feel about this mascara. It’s my #1.