A good blue lipstick comparison post (with swatches) over at this blog.
Quick snap of things I’ve been trying out or can’t wait to. Some of these were purchased by me, some were gifted, * means gifted but obvi doesn’t impact my feelings about the actual product because duh integrity.
- Illamasqua Foundation ($44) - I purchased this months ago during the sale but I haven’t used it yet and I’m still feeling weird about using Illamasqua products since their terrible handling of their Christmas promotions (just google it, I know we’ll be asked, and I’m not going to talk about it anymore). Illamasqua has amazing, high quality products especially their lipsticks and foundation for super pale people who want intense coverage.
- Arrojo Styling Whip* ($18) - I get my hair cut at ARROJO (pics of my hair here) and love both their dry shampoo and their Styling Whip. I never used styling products on my hair when it was long but I think it’s so important now because my hair is super malleable and if I don’t control it at such a short length it can look weird. This is super light and easy to use — a little bit through damp hair to shape it the way you want, and you can air dry. Most mousses and gels etc I’ve tried have been too tacky or gooey but this isn’t.
- Mario Badescu Caviar Night Cream ($20) - I buy all my MB products during the Hautelook sales but they didn’t have the toner I liked so I picked this and the lotion instead. This is quite thick! I think the Ren one I like to use but ran out of is more like a super creamy lotion, but this is definitely more whipped. I’m still testing it out, I’ll let you know how I like it in a little bit.
- Balenciaga L’Essence ($135) - I’ve totally talked to death about this. Yeah yeah perfect perfume I love it etc.
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer ($39) - Rebought this because I’ve already hit pan on my first one after only a few months! It’s been steadfast in favorites posts since I purchased it.
- China Glaze Polish & L’Oreal’s Paparazzi Pleaser ($5.99)* - Haven’t used these yet since I’m currently obsessed with Color Club Glitters.
- Shoprite Oil Free Makeup Remover ($7.99) - I remove all my makeup using DHC Cleansing Oil now usually but if I have a lot of eye makeup on, I use some variation of the Nuetrogena remover. Target, Shoprite, etc… pretty much all the same formula. I like it best out of all the ones I’ve tried which have often been too oily or weirdly harsh.
- Illamasqua Poised Illuminator ($20) - I am fond of using illuminators and contour and no blush, so I bought this one also during the sale because I was curious. Still haven’t touched it though.
- Illamasqua Indulge ($22) - Illamasqua’s lip products have never failed me and make up a good chunk of my collection. Pigmented, super glossy or super matte depending on the producted, but never crappy.
- Mario Badescu Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion ($15) - I like using this post cleansing and it really makes a difference for my dry skin — helps it glow, looks brighter etc.
Hi lovely PD followers! o/ Just wanted to share with you my most recent haul, since both of us don’t really haul anymore. I think we’ve both pretty much reached a critical mass of collection and just want specific things instead of all the things. Anyway, most of these things are from Sephora since I hauled during their recent VIB 20% off sale - the two exclusions are the Shiseido foundation (purchased from Nordstrom) and the sea salt spray (purchased from Walmart). On to the products and first impressions!
- Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio | $9 | link: I’ve been wanting to reincorporate primers into my makeup routine to see if I can keep my foundation looking smoother longer. Since the Hourglass primer is really expensive, I’m trying to see if I can find a comparable primer at a lower price point. I’m also running out of my NARS eye primer and I didn’t want to go over my budget. This set includes two face primers, 12-Hr Brightening and Perfecting, and the 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer.
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Panic | $26 | link: Long story short, I wanted a red blush for the longest time and I couldn’t find any but then I found this so I bought it. Quickly swatched it and oh my gosh is this pigmented. I am so excited this is exactly what I was looking for.
- Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in D20 Rich Brown | $38.50 | link: I must say, the Nordstrom website provides a much more accurate foundation swatch than the Sephora website. Which is why I bought it from there (and their customer service rocks). I do believe Shiseido reintroduced the darker colors of this foundation semi-recently, because I remember last year I was looking for a color match at a counter and these colors didn’t exist. Anyway, the color looks pretty good if it doesn’t oxidize too much. *crosses fingers*
- Dior Diorsnow D-NA Reverse White Reveal Night Concentrate | $145 | link: I have wanted to try this product for months since one of my friends who is a couple shades darker than me used it for her acne scars and saw such an amazing difference. The price hurts. I will be doing a full review on this because the price. …dat price. OTL
- OCC Lip Tars in Vintage and Strumpet | $16 each | link: So proud I now own lip tars so pleased. I already tried Vintage and even though I was hoping it would read more dark burgundy it’s still really pretty. Layered Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Flash (662) over it and I found my lip for Saturday night! *_*
- Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish in Vice | $14 | link: This formula works for my nails so I am very slowly purchasing colors I like. The next trim down area in my beauty collection is my nail polish, and I definitely have too many polishes that just chip in a day for me so those are going to be random gifts for people! The rubber finish is interesting, the polish dries down in between a matte and a gloss.
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray | $5.99 | link: I have some synthetic hair in right now and I needed a way to create looser waves in my hair than using a straightener on lowest heat setting for hours. This product is actually pretty nice, it doesn’t create waves out of nothing but it definitely makes them more…~*wavy*~. It also smells really good. Got compliments on my hair when I used it so…success!
And that’s it. As always, drop an ask for any picture, swatch or review requests. Toodles~
(note: this might not show up your your dashboard — just click the box and flip through a slideshow with commentary and links to our favorite polishes!)
Dat haul, dat haul.
I’m currently on vacation visiting one of my best friends, and since best friends are awesome, we decided to go shopping, and among other things, we hauled. All of this isn’t mine and neither are a couple of items that my bb purchased on the left since a couple of them are awesome gifts for her mom. Also, matching nail polish colors are something that every best friend should have otru.
What I purchased (in no particular order):
- Yves Saint Lauren ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis a Levres Glossy Stain in Rouge Gouache (11)
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Viridian
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Chamade (164)
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Champs-Elysees (165)
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadow in #5 (copper shade)
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Facial Radience Powder
- Dolly Wink Eyeshadow Quad in #1 Brown
- C.O. Bigelow Rice & Bamboo Gentle Dermabrasion
- C.O. Bigelow Power Berry Mask
I also saw my first Armani Beauty counter and my first Cle de Peau counter and shed a few tears of #beautybloggerhappiness. In addition, I cannot buy anything for about forever so if you would like any reviews or additional pictures of the products I listed, please drop an ask like usual. Toodles~!
I am a huge fan of Illamasqua — just check the tags! Drooling over Jangsara’s swatch post.
- Source: jangsara.blogspot.com