Hey, lovely makeup fairies, do you know anything about Elf cosmetics, in particular the lip stains? They're temptingly cheap... but is there a tradeoff? Thanks, and lots of love xxx
Our E.l.f tag is mostly brushes, I don’t use anything else by the brand though I’ve tried several items, not the lip stains yet. With lip stains, you have to be prepared for dry lips, so that would be the most expected trade-off. It might smell strongly also, a lot of E.L.F products I’ve tried have reeked! Here are the only E.L.F products I can recommend:
- Brushes - Powder Brush, C Shadow Brush. The powder brush is my favorite brush and I bring it everywhere. I have lots of C brushes, they’re cheap good brushes for depositing shadows.
- Clear Mascara for Brows - Sets yr brows without making them crispy. You run out of this product pretty fast but it is a dollar, so whatever.
- HD Blush - super, super pigmented but i feel like it dries super fast so you better work really fast to blend it in.
I’ve tried the bronzer duo — too orange for my pale skin, super powdery, the tinted moisturizer was flat out terrible, the primer broke me out, the eyeshadow singles are boring, typically crease or not very pigmented, lots of fallout, the shimmer stuff is chunky and doesn’t work for my skin. The gift palettes are usually pretty good though, and the nail polishes aren’t bad either. Chi-Chi, do you have any E.L.F feelings?
I do, but just a couple of recommendations.
- e.l.f Studio Blushes: I had a couple of these in the past and for the price, the pigmentation and amount of product is amazing.
- e.l.f Little Black Beauty Book: I have both the Warm and Cool editions of this palette (purchased them a couple of years ago), and I adore them. Very pigmented and I grab for them more than my BH Cosmetics palette. However, my two palettes contained lip products too…so the formula might be a tad different.
Other than that, eh. Nail polishes are decent, do not like any of their base products (foundation, powder, and related), and I only recommend their Studio line brushes.