I live in a dorm on weekdays and that means I don’t have access to drugstores etc in which I would normally buy face scrubs or what have you to pamper myself with. Since I am one of the most vain people in the entire world I cannot go a few hours without preening in the mirror. Unfortch since both sides of my family have bad skin in the family I’m cursed with perpetual skin problems — acne and combination skin that veers on dry in most cases. I always have these products nearby in my dorm or at home because a combination of them can create a good toner, makeup remover, spot treatment, lip scrub, or face scrub. And it’s cheap and it tastes good.
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Organic cane sugar — only for my face, I use zero calorie sweetener for noms. Organic cane sugar is just like, a larger grit and I prefer it over regular ground sugar on my face for the texture.
- Yogurt, plain. One with a plastic cap, not a tin one, because you want to keep using it.
- Witch hazel - a good toner on it’s own and when mixed with olive oil it makes a good eye makeup remover too.
- Un-coated aspirin tablets
My favorite mask for acne:
- Grab a few tablets of aspirin, uncoated, and drop some water onto it — maybe like, three drops, so it dissolved. Not too much water because it will dissolve very quickly and you want to make a thin paste, not a soggy white liquid.
- Heat up a few drops of honey — I eyeball it so be maybe half a teaspoon or so and mix it into the paste. It shouldn’t be too hot because you are putting it on your face.
- Mix in a squirt of lemon juice. It does make a difference if you use it or not, but it will work without it.
- You can also add in a small spoonful of unflavored yogurt. It’s not necessary either but it’s really amazing.
- PUT THE WEIRD GOOP ON YOUR FACE AND WAIT. You can wash it off after 15 to 20 minutes but I leave it long for however as long as I feel like it, sometimes overnight.
Super awesome sugar scrub:
- Mix a teaspoon of olive oil, a packet of organic sugar (or two depending on the texture) and some honey together until it’s a thick paste.
- Steam your face! I don’t do it as long as usual, which is 10 minutes, but just until I’m sweating like I’ve ran ten miles and feel like someone put me in a volcano.
- Cleanse your face with your favorite cleanser, preferably a foaming or liquid one over one with beads in it. Cold water.
- Apply face scrub in circular motions and work it into your face.
- Wash it off, use your favorite toner.
- Viola your skin is as soft as a baby’s ass. Not that I would know what one feels like because no one trusts me to babysit their children and change their diapers.
- It’s basically the same as the face scrub but you don’t steam your face, you just apply the mixture to your lips in a gentle scrubbing motion and wipe off.