Masks, scrubs — they can add up to a lot of money. If you don’t want to fork over the cash it’s ok, you can still use these products you most likely have around your house.
- Sugar - Unrefined sugar is the best imo. Add olive oil and you have a face scrub and/or lip scrub.
- Yogurt - Plain vanilla yogurt! So moisturizing and wonderful for dry, dehydrated skin. You can mix this with lemon juice, aspirin, avocado, etc for great mask for acne prone, dry, sensitive skin.
- Lemon Juice - Like I said above, you can mix it with yogurt, or you can also whiten your yellow nails by soaking them in some lemon juice for a few minutes. It also fades acne scars and can be used as a toner.
- Olive Oil - can be used as makeup remover, as moisturizer, or a hair mask.
- Avocado - mash it up and make a conditioner, moisturizer, or face mask.
- Coconut Oil - good for your hair and face. Basically bathe yourself in it.
- Aspirin - I know this isn’t really in your kitchen, but you probably have it around. Make sure it’s uncoated aspiring. If you mix a few tablets with a drop or two of water, it makes a great acne treatment.
- Rosewater -a really good, non-drying toner.
- Oatmeal - makes for a great face mask.
- Baking Soda - for whitening teeth.
- Egg Whites - rub ‘em on and let ‘em dry, they’ll firm your skin up and minimize your pores.
What have I missed? Leave an ask or reply/reblog and we can make this list even more expansive!
- Reblogged from powderdoom