Hi lovely PD followers! o/ Just wanted to share with you my most recent haul, since both of us don’t really haul anymore. I think we’ve both pretty much reached a critical mass of collection and just want specific things instead of all the things. Anyway, most of these things are from Sephora since I hauled during their recent VIB 20% off sale - the two exclusions are the Shiseido foundation (purchased from Nordstrom) and the sea salt spray (purchased from Walmart). On to the products and first impressions!
- Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio | $9 | link: I’ve been wanting to reincorporate primers into my makeup routine to see if I can keep my foundation looking smoother longer. Since the Hourglass primer is really expensive, I’m trying to see if I can find a comparable primer at a lower price point. I’m also running out of my NARS eye primer and I didn’t want to go over my budget. This set includes two face primers, 12-Hr Brightening and Perfecting, and the 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer.
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Panic | $26 | link: Long story short, I wanted a red blush for the longest time and I couldn’t find any but then I found this so I bought it. Quickly swatched it and oh my gosh is this pigmented. I am so excited this is exactly what I was looking for.
- Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in D20 Rich Brown | $38.50 | link: I must say, the Nordstrom website provides a much more accurate foundation swatch than the Sephora website. Which is why I bought it from there (and their customer service rocks). I do believe Shiseido reintroduced the darker colors of this foundation semi-recently, because I remember last year I was looking for a color match at a counter and these colors didn’t exist. Anyway, the color looks pretty good if it doesn’t oxidize too much. *crosses fingers*
- Dior Diorsnow D-NA Reverse White Reveal Night Concentrate | $145 | link: I have wanted to try this product for months since one of my friends who is a couple shades darker than me used it for her acne scars and saw such an amazing difference. The price hurts. I will be doing a full review on this because the price. …dat price. OTL
- OCC Lip Tars in Vintage and Strumpet | $16 each | link: So proud I now own lip tars so pleased. I already tried Vintage and even though I was hoping it would read more dark burgundy it’s still really pretty. Layered Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Flash (662) over it and I found my lip for Saturday night! *_*
- Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish in Vice | $14 | link: This formula works for my nails so I am very slowly purchasing colors I like. The next trim down area in my beauty collection is my nail polish, and I definitely have too many polishes that just chip in a day for me so those are going to be random gifts for people! The rubber finish is interesting, the polish dries down in between a matte and a gloss.
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray | $5.99 | link: I have some synthetic hair in right now and I needed a way to create looser waves in my hair than using a straightener on lowest heat setting for hours. This product is actually pretty nice, it doesn’t create waves out of nothing but it definitely makes them more…~*wavy*~. It also smells really good. Got compliments on my hair when I used it so…success!
And that’s it. As always, drop an ask for any picture, swatch or review requests. Toodles~