Following up Chi-Chi’s Most Worn Summer Tag, I thought I’d do it as well — my makeup and beauty routines are way different in Taipei because I only brought my favorite products, and out of that, I use the same 6 daily and the rest, never. So this is going to be probably really boring. I’ll do the makeup portion in a different post.
Starting with skincare:
- Shiseido Revital Moisturizer $74.70 - This is actually my Aunts, she has a lot of Shiseido products and uses them pretty much exclusively. This is the softest, most luxe moisturizer I’ve ever applied, I think it probably (undoubtedly, actually) has a buttload of silicones (pleasant image, yes??) because there is no way it can make my skin feel so smooth without containing lots of them. Nevertheless, I’ve been using it every day and I really will miss it when I have to leave it behind. It’s so expensive.
- Shiseido Hada Senka Mineral Sunscreen UV SPF 27++ PA $11.90 - Got this because it was the biggest size of sunscreen available at an affordable price in Taipei, and I really have grown fond of it and it’s quick absorption and the formulation. It’s definitely nothing at all like conventional U.S sunscreens, it’s more of a lotion or milk texture than gross chunky U.S brand and it doesn’t smell as weird.
- Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil $13.30 - this is in our favorites tag for a reason, I won’t reiterate my love for it here.
- Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF 50+ Face Sunscreen - I’m not like, a huge fan of it, I prefer the Senka formulation. It has that dreaded white cast on your skin and it takes forever to settle in and stop being shiny. I wouldn’t recommend it over anything else, but I use it when I go bareface and I intend to finish it because it doesn’t break me out.
- @ Nature Tea Tree Pore Freshener EX $14.60 - My other toners weren’t doing the job I wanted, and I wanted something to help battle my acne. This does the job of toning and helping battle my acne and counteracts redness.
- Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Plus SPF 50 $64 - It almost physically pains me that this sunscreen costs so goddamn much, because it’s awesome and smooth and absorbs nicely and does everything the Coppertone one fails at.
- My Beauty Diary Sheet Masks $13.60 - I do one every 5 days approximately, at the end of the week or the night before I go out partying. They make my face glow, feel hydrated and plump and alleviate redness and make me feel pampered and queen like. I really love them and have a scary arsenal of them in my luggage to bring back.