I’m a huge, huge fan of home remedies like face masks (seriously, my face would be Mars if I didn’t do an aspirin mask semi-regularly) but I’m getting into hair masks too. Here’s a foolproof recipe on how to get your hair shiny, healthy, and generally hair-commercial ready. You can use the remaining product for a moisturizer as well. Kinda rad?
- Get a single giant avocado and slice it in half. Save the other half – you can use it for a moisturizer later.
- Mash the avocado until creamy and stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Massage into damp hair from roots to tip, combing through to even out. Loosely fasten hair in a bun and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash out completely, shampooing and conditioning as normal.
- Mash 1/2 of an avocado until creamy.
- Then, stir in 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Wash face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Smooth avocado mixture onto skin and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Reblogged from powderdoom